Building a strong foundation for future studies in Chinese and other world languages…
It is proven that a strong language foundation built at a younger age will facilitate future language learning. On behalf of Multicultural Education Research Center (MERC), we are excited to announce that the After-School Chinese Language Enrichment Program (ACLEP) will launch this coming fall at Jensen Ranch Elementary School, in Castro Valley, CA.
UPDATE: The ACLEP after school Chinese class is not offered for the fall session in the 2015-2016 school year. We look forward to opening the enrollment again for the spring session.
Dear Parents, Teachers and Students,
Welcome Back Everyone! We hope you've had a wonderful summer and are excited for the start of a new school year!
Please be reminded again that MERC Chinese School will be operating at the Hayward Adult School (HAS) campus for the new school year 2015-2016. HAS campus is wide spread and composed of several buildings. For your convenience and better security, MERC’s activities will center around Building B. There are doors at both ends of the Building. The HAS Saturday supervisor is housed in Building B and easily accessible.
We wish to keep you updated on the following as well.
1. An enrollment confirmation packet was mailed to the families who have completed the registration. If your child has registered but did not receive the confirmation packet, please contact us as soon as possible by calling (510) 881-9995 or by replying to this email. We will follow up on it accordingly.
2. The confirmation packet includes the class placement assignment, school calendar, classroom location, and agenda for Parent Orientation. If you have any questions regarding the information, please feel free to contact us. We are happy to assist.
3. Please be aware that only fully enrolled students are allowed in their classrooms on the opening day. At this time, if you have not registered your child, please do so as quickly as possible, in order for your child to have an uninterrupted first day of school.
4. We want to extend our warmest welcome to two new teachers, Ms. Julia Lin and Mr. Robert Kho.
C1A – Ms. Betty Chou
C1B – Ms. Diana Kuo/Mr. Robert Kho
C2 – Ms. Sally Chou
C3 – Ms. Janis Wu
C4 – Ms. Sophie Yang
C5 – Ms. Julia Lin
C6/7/8 Middle School – Ms. Peggy Chiu
5. We also want to bring an urgent need to your attention. The post of PTA president is still pending. The PTA president holds a leading role in facilitating many school activities and works closely with the administrative team. We invite you to step forward to direct or co-direct the PTA this year. Please let us know if you are interested in taking this most rewarding post. We will greatly appreciate your timely support.
We look forward to seeing all of you at MERC Chinese School next Saturday, September 12th, at 8:30 am.